2025 thru 2026 Judges’ Balloting Information
Two ballots for National Specialty judges have been included with 2023 dues notices. They must be mailed to Joan Malak and received by January 31, 2023!
- Final ballot for national specialty judges -- This ballot is the final ballot for the 2025 National/Eastern Specialty
- Nominations for 2026 Judges -- This ballot is the first ballot for the 2026 National/Western Specialty
Judges who have or will have judged one of our National or Regional specialties for 2021-2025 are not eligible
Listed below are links to lists of AKC and Foreign judges and a list of ineligible judges.
ONCE YOU HAVE MADE YOUR CHOICES, INSERT THE COMPLETED BALLOTS INTO THE BLANK ENVELOPE AND SEAL IT. THEN INSERT THE SEALED BLANK ENVELOPE INTO THE PRE-ADDRESSED ENVELOPE ALONG WITH YOUR COMPLETED DUES FORM AND DUES PAYMENT.
THIS PROCEDURE WILL ENSURE THAT EVERY GCA MEMBER’S VOTE GETS COUNTED!
(Please be sure to follow the instructions on the ballot – any incorrectly filled out ballots will be invalid.)
Ballots must be received no later than January 31, 2023.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING CHOICE OF JUDGES
Judges for our Specialties
Parent Clubs may request approval of an eligible individual to judge a breed show. These do not have to be licensed judges.
So please consider this when filling out your preliminary judge's ballots - you may write in breeders or handlers who you think would be good judges.
Requirements for Applicant/Judge
- Any eligible individuals including, but not limited to breeders and professional handlers may be approved on a case-by-case, event-by-event request from the Parent Club for approval to judge a specialty in its breed.
· Must be 21 years of age.
· Must be occupationally eligible, except that professional handlers may be approved under this policy.
· Should be knowledgeable, with success in breeding/exhibiting/handling in the breed for 15 years or more.
· Procedure and anatomy test required and if applicable, scale or wicket test required.
· A $35 per breed fee is required for non-approved judges.
· Individuals may not be approved for more than one specialty per calendar year.
Ineligible conformation judges
Susan LeCroix Hamil
Ineligible sweeps judges
Lesley Anne Potts
Questions about the dues packet or dues form? Contact Joan Malak
Questions about the Judges Ballots? Contact Tom Butler