- Premium list for ASFA Greyhound Specialty lure coursing at the 2021 GCA Central now available
- Reservations for reserved grooming at the 2021 GCA Central/National now available - form updated 7/21/2021
- 2021 GCA Central/National page now updated to include information about banquet and presentation by Dr. James Radcliffe DVM
- Premiums for OB, Rally, & Lure Coursing at the 2021 GCA Central/National now on GCA's website
- A very limited number of marked catalogs from the 2021 GCA Western/National Specialty are still available to purchase
- The schedule for the 2021 GCA Central/National Specialty week has been added -- note times are subject to change so watch this website for updates
- Trophy donations can now be made for the 2021 GCA Central/National
- RV reservation forms and RV parking information added for 2021 Central
- Host hotel information added for 2021 Central -- limited number of rooms available!
- 'Greyhounds in America' is on sale to honor the review appearing in the February 2020 AKC Gazette - purchase it here
- Submit your reservation for reserved grooming at the 2021 GCA Central/National
- Make your reservation for the 2021 GCA Central/National banquet and/or presentation by Dr. James Radcliffe DVM
- Make a donation to the trophy fund for the 2021 GCA Central/National Specialty in Gray Summit, MO
- Get your entries in for OB, Rally, and Lure Coursing at the 2021 GCA Central/National Specialty
- Be sure to submit a photo with your brag from the 2021 GCA Western/National Specialty to be included on GCA's website
- Submit your RV parking reservation request for the 2021 Central
- Reserve your room at the host hotel for the 2021 Central -- limited number of rooms available!
- Purchase a marked catalog from the 2021 GCA Western/National specialty - quantities limited
- Nominate your dog for 'The Dog Aging Study.' (If the Dog Aging Project can collect baseline data on a significant number of individuals in a breed, they envision expanding into more in-depth, breed-specific research, which could ultimately help improve the health and longevity of the breed.)
The first greyhound to get an AKC tracking title since May 2015
CH Lakilanni Carefree Highway RA TD FDC SC CA BCAT CGCA TKN
Michelle Te Velde and Lakilanni Carefree Highway aka Boone earned their TD (Tracking Dog) title at the Wenatchee Kennel Club Tracking Test.
From Michelle "It was Sunday March 15 and a storm front was going through, so the was a bit of snow, it was 27 degrees and gusty breeze/wind.
We drew first track, and Boone hates to wear a coat but he couldn't stop from shivering to even potty, so I put one on him and waited for the eye roll and attitude. I think he was too excited to object."
Boone is the first greyhound to get an AKC tracking title since May 2015.
Congratulations to Michelle and Boone!
Their beauty and attitude is what drew me to Greyhounds. Watching them run is truly a thing of beauty, whether they be young or old. They are smart and exceptional hounds that do enjoy working alongside their masters. You really cannot ask for a better dog.
This breed is so underrated. They are sweet, clean, smell good! and are funny. But you had better have a fenced yard. This is one of the best breeds to own.