- Judging schedule added for 2021 GCA Central/National Specialty
Judging schedule added for Three River Kennel Club shows
- Greyhound entry counts for GCA 2021 GCA Central/National Specialty & Three Rivers K.C. shows added
- Greyhound judge for Morris & Essex changed to Fred Vogel
- Information on the general membership meeting and potluck at the 2021 Eastern Specialty added
- More information added for the 2021 GCA Eastern Specialty
- Logo wear for 2021 GCA Central/National Specialty available to order for limited time - order deadline for mailed orders extended
- Hotel list for the 2021 GCA Eastern has been added
- Premium list for 2021 Morris & Essex show now available
- The auction to support the 2021 GCA Central/National Specialty is now closed - please pay for winning bids
- Trophy donations can now be made for the 2021 GCA Central/National
- Enter 2021 GCA Central/National AKC & ASFA lure coursing (day of trial)
- Enter 2021 GCA Eastern Specialty - entries close 9/22 at noon EDT or when entry limits are reached
- Enter 2021 GCA Eastern OB/Rally - entries close 9/22 at 7 PM EDT - entries must be mailed!
- Enter Morris & Essex Kennel Club show - entries close 9/17 at noon or when entry limit is reached
- Order logo wear for the 2021 GCA Central/National Specialty by 10/4/2021 at 9 PM EDT (items will be shipped)
- Make your reservation for the 2021 GCA Central/National banquet and/or presentation by Dr. James Radcliffe DVM (limited spots available)
- Make a donation to the trophy fund for the 2021 GCA Central/National Specialty in Gray Summit, MO
- Make a donation to the trophy fund for the 2021 GCA Eastern Specialty
- Plan on bringing something to the 2021 Eastern Specialty potluck
- Donate to the 2021 GCA Western/National Trophy fund
- Purchase a marked catalog from the 2021 GCA Western/National specialty - quantities limited
- Nominate your dog for 'The Dog Aging Study.' (If the Dog Aging Project can collect baseline data on a significant number of individuals in a breed, they envision expanding into more in-depth, breed-specific research, which could ultimately help improve the health and longevity of the breed.)
The first greyhound to get an AKC tracking title since May 2015
CH Lakilanni Carefree Highway RA TD FDC SC CA BCAT CGCA TKN
Michelle Te Velde and Lakilanni Carefree Highway aka Boone earned their TD (Tracking Dog) title at the Wenatchee Kennel Club Tracking Test.
From Michelle "It was Sunday March 15 and a storm front was going through, so the was a bit of snow, it was 27 degrees and gusty breeze/wind.
We drew first track, and Boone hates to wear a coat but he couldn't stop from shivering to even potty, so I put one on him and waited for the eye roll and attitude. I think he was too excited to object."
Boone is the first greyhound to get an AKC tracking title since May 2015.
Congratulations to Michelle and Boone!
Their beauty and attitude is what drew me to Greyhounds. Watching them run is truly a thing of beauty, whether they be young or old. They are smart and exceptional hounds that do enjoy working alongside their masters. You really cannot ask for a better dog.
This breed is so underrated. They are sweet, clean, smell good! and are funny. But you had better have a fenced yard. This is one of the best breeds to own.