- 2022 GCA dues (as well as trophy and rescue donations) can be paid online
- Coming soon! GCA will be having a Holiday Greyhound Treasures Auction on Facebook to support all three specialties in 2022
- Check out the series of online surveys examining how dog breeders are managing breeding and raising puppies
- Check out the Therapy Dog Symposium that can be attended in person or online
- Please act on the latest legislative alert sent by AKC
- Watch for your 2022 GCA dues packet in late November or pay your dues online now
- Send photos from the 2021 GCA Specialties to Joan Malak for use on GCA's website
- Consider participating in the Breeder Surveys examining how breeders are managing breeding females and puppies
- November 30th is the Therapy Dog Symposium
- Take action by contacting your representatives on proposed restrictive dog-related legislation
- Nominate your dog for 'The Dog Aging Study.' (If the Dog Aging Project can collect baseline data on a significant number of individuals in a breed, they envision expanding into more in-depth, breed-specific research, which could ultimately help improve the health and longevity of the breed.)
The first greyhound to get an AKC tracking title since May 2015
CH Lakilanni Carefree Highway RA TD FDC SC CA BCAT CGCA TKN
Michelle Te Velde and Lakilanni Carefree Highway aka Boone earned their TD (Tracking Dog) title at the Wenatchee Kennel Club Tracking Test.
From Michelle "It was Sunday March 15 and a storm front was going through, so the was a bit of snow, it was 27 degrees and gusty breeze/wind.
We drew first track, and Boone hates to wear a coat but he couldn't stop from shivering to even potty, so I put one on him and waited for the eye roll and attitude. I think he was too excited to object."
Boone is the first greyhound to get an AKC tracking title since May 2015.
Congratulations to Michelle and Boone!
Their beauty and attitude is what drew me to Greyhounds. Watching them run is truly a thing of beauty, whether they be young or old. They are smart and exceptional hounds that do enjoy working alongside their masters. You really cannot ask for a better dog.
This breed is so underrated. They are sweet, clean, smell good! and are funny. But you had better have a fenced yard. This is one of the best breeds to own.