- Judging programs added for 2021 GCA Eastern Specialty and Hatboro shows
- An auction to support the 2021 GCA Eastern is now live on Facebook with great items to bid on
- Information on the general membership meeting and potluck at the 2021 Eastern Specialty added
- Entry counts for 2021 GCA Eastern Specialty added
- Judging program for 2021 Morris & Essex now added
- Have a favorite auction item in the 2021 GCA Eastern Specialty? Bids must be in by Thursday, 10/7/2021 at 8:59:59 PM EDT 2021
- Make a donation to the trophy fund for the 2021 GCA Eastern Specialty
- Plan on bringing something to the 2021 Eastern Specialty potluck
- Contribute to GCA's Newletter - next deadline is 11/15/2021 (Contact Cathy Gaidos, editor, for more information)
- Send photos from the 2021 GCA Western/National and from the 2021 GCA Central/National Specialties to Joan Malak for use on GCA's website
- Nominate your dog for 'The Dog Aging Study.' (If the Dog Aging Project can collect baseline data on a significant number of individuals in a breed, they envision expanding into more in-depth, breed-specific research, which could ultimately help improve the health and longevity of the breed.)
The first greyhound to get an AKC tracking title since May 2015
CH Lakilanni Carefree Highway RA TD FDC SC CA BCAT CGCA TKN
Michelle Te Velde and Lakilanni Carefree Highway aka Boone earned their TD (Tracking Dog) title at the Wenatchee Kennel Club Tracking Test.
From Michelle "It was Sunday March 15 and a storm front was going through, so the was a bit of snow, it was 27 degrees and gusty breeze/wind.
We drew first track, and Boone hates to wear a coat but he couldn't stop from shivering to even potty, so I put one on him and waited for the eye roll and attitude. I think he was too excited to object."
Boone is the first greyhound to get an AKC tracking title since May 2015.
Congratulations to Michelle and Boone!
Their beauty and attitude is what drew me to Greyhounds. Watching them run is truly a thing of beauty, whether they be young or old. They are smart and exceptional hounds that do enjoy working alongside their masters. You really cannot ask for a better dog.
This breed is so underrated. They are sweet, clean, smell good! and are funny. But you had better have a fenced yard. This is one of the best breeds to own.