- The deadline for the next GCA Newsletter is 5/15/2021
- Additional information about the 2021 GCA Western & GCA 2021 Central has been added
- 'Greyhounds in America' is on sale to honor the review appearing in the February 2020 AKC Gazette - purchase it here
- Upcoming GCA Specialty and Supported entry information has been updated
- A number of new Greyhound photo galleries have been added - update your photos and/or enjoy the photos already added by others
- Seger, owned by Lee Warden, has earned GCA's Versatility Greyhound Champion Track Level 2, Versatility Greyhound Performance Track Level 1, and Multitalented Greyhound Level 1 awards
Nominate your dog for 'The Dog Aging Study.' (If the Dog Aging Project can collect baseline data on a significant number of individuals in a breed, they envision expanding into more in-depth, breed-specific research, which could ultimately help improve the health and longevity of the breed.)
The first greyhound to get an AKC tracking title since May 2015
CH Lakilanni Carefree Highway RA TD FDC SC CA BCAT CGCA TKN
Michelle Te Velde and Lakilanni Carefree Highway aka Boone earned their TD (Tracking Dog) title at the Wenatchee Kennel Club Tracking Test.
From Michelle "It was Sunday March 15 and a storm front was going through, so the was a bit of snow, it was 27 degrees and gusty breeze/wind.
We drew first track, and Boone hates to wear a coat but he couldn't stop from shivering to even potty, so I put one on him and waited for the eye roll and attitude. I think he was too excited to object."
Boone is the first greyhound to get an AKC tracking title since May 2015.
Congratulations to Michelle and Boone!
Their beauty and attitude is what drew me to Greyhounds. Watching them run is truly a thing of beauty, whether they be young or old. They are smart and exceptional hounds that do enjoy working alongside their masters. You really cannot ask for a better dog.
This breed is so underrated. They are sweet, clean, smell good! and are funny. But you had better have a fenced yard. This is one of the best breeds to own.